Cooking time: 35 minutes
Yields: 8 people
Ingredients: 2 cups French lentils
4 cups water
8-inch piece wakame
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 medium parsnips, chopped
8 to 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
4 cloves diced garlic
1 bunch chopped scallion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup dried, coarsely chopped chestnuts
- Wash lentils.
- Fill a sauce pan with water. Add lentils and wakame and bring to a boil.
- Add thyme and rosemary.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Uncover and add chopped parsnip.
- Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Soak mushrooms for 3 minutes and cut into quarters.
- Transfer lentils into a big bowl; add mushrooms, tamari, garlic, scallion, basil, olive oil and black pepper.
- Mix well and top with chestnuts.