Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 people
Ingredients: 6 carrots
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups water
6-inch piece fresh ginger, juiced
Fresh parsley to garnish
- Wash, peel and cut carrots and onion into chunks.
- Place vegetables and salt in a pot.
- Add water and bring to boil. Cover with a lid.
- Simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Transfer soup into blender, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- When blending is done, squeeze juice from grated ginger and add to soup.
- Garnish with parsley.
- For extra flavor, sauté vegetables before cooking.
- Substitute carrots with squash, parsnip or beets. Squash and beets need 35 to 40 minutes to cook.