Cooking time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 people
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup millet, rinsed
3 cups boiling water or vegetable stock
1/2 pound firm tofu
1 cup mustard greens, chopped
1 tablespoon tamari
Cayenne pepper, as desired
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in millet and fry until millet is lightly colored.
- Pour boiling water or stock over millet, cover pot, lower heat and cook on medium-low 20-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Allow millet to cool briefly.
- Combine cooked millet, tofu, mustard greens, tamari and cayenne in a food processor.
- Process until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and chill thoroughly.
- Preheat broiler. Cut mixture into 8 squares.
- Broil on each side until golden brown.