Marinade Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 people
Ingredients: 1/2 cup tamari
2 tablespoons fresh ginger
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 pound extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
Black pepper to taste
2 or more tablespoon olive oil
- Combine tamari, ginger, lemon juice, honey and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Place tofu slices in a single layer in a baking pan and pour marinade over them.Turn to coat.
- Allow tofu to marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to two hours in the fridge.
- Remove tofu and reserve marinade.
- Combine flour and pepper on a plate.
- Dip tofu slices into flour mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Brown tofu in oil, about 5 minutes per side, adding oil as needed.
- When all slices are browned, add reserved marinade and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add in some steamed or blanched veggies, such as carrots, cauliflower or broccoli in the last few minutes of cooking.